Birthday Wishes From a Mother's Heart


At 12:10 pm this day, Dillan Dwight Moore entered this world. He was so anxious to get here, that I was only in labor for 3 hours, 20 minutes! He was three weeks early - maybe because he had run completely out of room - his feet were always in my ribs!

From that day on, my life changed drastically. For the most part, my focus changed from being focused on self to this perfect-looking little person. He really did look perfect. He was not red or wrinkly like so many babies are. He was so alert and watched me intently that first evening. I'm not kidding - there's a video to prove it.

Although he's not perfect - none of us are, I have to admit I could not ask for a better child. God knew what he was doing when he gave me this little boy. My nerves wouldn't have stood a whiny, ill tempered little one. He never fussed or cried unless he was sick, which was hardley ever, or was in bad need of a diaper change - who wouldn't be then?

These last 15 years with him have been a whirlwind! I can't believe he's old enough now to get his learner's permit! I have enjoyed every stage of his life and can remember all of it so well. My memory may be that clear because I never did have any other children - I wasn't physically able to. But he has made my life complete and my heart is so full today with love and appreciation for the fine young man he has become.

I thought it was so appropriate that he went before our home church last Sunday around this milestone to make public his calling into full time ministry. It's not this decision alone that makes me so proud of him. Though he's had his share of hurt and disappointment in his young life, he's risen above it and is determined to be the person God created him to be. I know he will have doubt, discouragement, and disappointments during these last three years of high school, but I am confident that he will continue to seek the Lord's Will for his life. And because I know Satan does not like what he sees, I will be praying for him harder than ever. I invite others to join with me in covering him with prayers.

I could go on and on about this young man, but it wouldn't mean as much to others as it does to me and to other members of his family. I will sum it up by saying that he's God's greatest gift to me. The love I have for my son has shown me how much my Heavenly Father loves me. The difference is...... I could never willingly give him up for anyone. He has taught me what real love is and I believe he even saved me from myself. I can't imagine what life would've been like without him! My tears are falling on the keyboard as I type this because my heart is overflowing with thanks to my God for this precious gift.

HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY, Dillan! I love YOU!
Mama

You might also like Through the Years

Labels: