A quick text from God

I'm going to be painfully honest in this here post. 

It's Monday....in every sense of the word! 

Do you dread Mondays like I do?  I wonder why?  Is it for the same reason that I do?  Has God placed you somewhere you don't want to be?  Are you finding it hard to "bloom where you're planted"? 

This is something I've been dealing with for over a year now - I always did have to learn my lessons the hard way.  This season dealing with this particular problem seems to be no exception.  I have a new appreciation for Paul's "thorn in his side"!

I was thinking this morning about how obnoxious people can be - including myself ..... told you I was gonna be honest ;)  But it seems some people are naturally more obnoxious than others.  They grate our last nerve and cause us to want to avoid them at all costs.  They're just impossible to deal with!

Now, I'm no saint, but I promise you that when I take the time to listen to God, I always hear when He convicts me.  I try to do better.  But even when I mess up, it's not that I'm trying to be obnoxious.  I don't set out to intentionally hurt peoples' feelings or to intentionally cause problems for others.  Sad thing is.......some people really do.  Some don't realize what they're doing.  But some do.

I had to deal with a situation first thing this morning that left me asking God AGAIN, "Why am I here?  Please don't leave me here!!!!!!"

After that, I posted a Facebook status that said:
"People can be so obnoxious.....how does God stand us?"

Immediately after this post, God sent me a text of His own....via email (Family Life Radio devotional):


Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness?   Matthew 5:13 msg

If no one else can sense godliness in your life then why, exactly, are you here? Today brings a great opportunity for you to demonstrate your faith in God for others to see. Be encouraged by His promise to keep you in difficult times, and seek His strength, provision and guidance in all that you do. If you do that, it will show. That will make a real difference for you ... and the people around you. 

Ask God to give you an opening today to be the "seasoning" for someone else to "taste godliness" through your life. 

Reading: Revelations 3:8  MSG


Can you say, "Wow?!"
He sure knows how to get my attention!

Labels: