Graduation Day Recap

Dillan's graduation ceremony was all I imagined it would be....full of lots of excitement, a few tears, and a heart (that would be mine) beaming with pride. 



As an honor grad, Dillan was chosen to participate in the ceremony...and first up!  After all of his fellow graduates had marched in, he went to the podium and read a beautiful poem followed by prayer.  I think it was the most appropriate thing for him to do and the one thing I so much wanted, so I was so grateful for him to have the opportunity to pray to our Lord and Savior in a room full of so many people....in a ceremony where many schools will not even mention the name of God.


Scott and I had good seats in the reserved section on the floor, so I was able to get pics from that angle.  My sister, Shaana, took pictures from the stands.  Thanks to her and my sister, Suzanne, I have great pictures and a video to remember this special day.




about to receive his diploma



2012 Graduate of WCHS


Dillan & his cousin, Dixie
Immediately after the ceremony, we hurried to the house for the graduation party/lunch I've been planning for MONTHS!  In addition to celebrating Dillan's high school accomplishments, we also celebrated me completing my degree as well as my BIL, Chuck who just graduated from seminary. 

The menu: low country boil! 

We also grilled hot dogs for those who might not want shrimp. 

I had a special cake made just for Dillan.  He requested a yellow cake with butter cream icing.

I also had a small cake/cupcakes made for me and Chuck.  The cake topper and my cupcakes were chocolate with cream cheese icing.  Chuck's cupcakes were carrot cake with cream cheese icing.  Toria did a great job....they were all so moist and delicious! 


It meant so much to me to have so many family members there to help us celebrate.  The food was delicious and no one hurried off after eating. 





the three graduates :)

Later that afternoon, Scott and I carried Dillan and Chuck to the airport to catch their plane to New York City!  That was our graduation gift to Dillan.  It's been his dream to go to New York for a while now and he finally made it!

It was a spectacular day.....one I will never forget. 

Labels: