Christmas in the Country


This year, I did my best to soak up all the Christmas cheer possible.  I decked the halls, using a winter theme in much of the house to carry me into January.  This way, I only had to remove part of the decor after New Year's and left the rest until the end of January.  So much less stress doing it this way!  I never feel pressured to remove it all immediately, but I do like to start the year with a clean slate and less clutter.



My coffee/ hot cocoa bar is always one of the first things I decorate. Needless to say, it gets daily use around here.  Plus my guests enjoy being able to help themselves to a hot beverage of their choice.


The diy open shelving we did in the kitchen a few years ago is always fun to decorate. Inspired by a metal Christmas sign I purchased at the Country Living Fair, I used lots of bottle brush trees to add Christmas cheer to this fun space.


Our little Santa baby 😊


I love playing around with different tablescapes during the holidays. Adding fun pieces like this moss deer makes it even more fun. Dillan gave me this little guy as an early Christmas gift.


I'm still obsessed with all things gingerbread 😊


This 3 tiered metal tray from Hobby Lobby is a new piece this year. Trays are so much fun to style for the seasons and holidays!


I'm still loving flocked trees and garlands. I chose two new stocking this year from Joann.  I loved the cozy effect the fabric added to the space.


Give me all the Santa mugs!


If you like to shop at Kroger for your groceries like I do, always be on the lookout for cute decor pieces. This reindeer pillow was calling my name!


I still haven't blogged our master bedroom makeover from the summer.....I guess I'm waiting on the chandelier and a rug.  But this room is one of my favorite restyles to date!  The Mister and I finally have a beautiful space to relax in and enjoy. I don't know why I waited so long to get this room completed.


If you follow me on Instagram, you know about this beautiful antique chair that my mom gave me. I was looking for a piece for this corner to have my own little space for quiet times each day. I call this my "Prayer Chair" and I am so in love with it 😍


I did several home tours on Instagram this year to share my home for the holidays. I saved them in my story highlights, so if you'd like to see them, be sure to go check it out.


I hope that each of you had a beautiful holidays season and a very Merry Christmas!  
Here's to 2019 and all it has in store!


Labels: ,