Happy 16th Birthday, Dillan!



I cannot believe that tomorrow (March 31st) my son will be 16 years old! Wow!! I tell him all the time that it seems just like yesterday that I was holding him and rocking him to sleep at night.

I'm so thankful that he and I are close - always have been. We've been there for one another when it seemed like we didn't have anybody else. I'm so proud of the young man that he is and I look forward with anticipation to watching God's plans for him unfold before our eyes. I've always known that God had a special plan for Dillan, that he loved him so much and was watching over him with a careful eye. I have not always been the best example of a Christian mother, but I've always had the best intentions when it comes to my child. He is such a blessing in my life and to others in our family!

For those of you who may not know, almost a year ago, Dillan came forward at church to make it known that God has called him to full time missions. Of course he still has two years of high school left and then college. In the meantime, my husband and I, along with our church family, are trying to help Dillan experience many different mission opportunities to help him discover God's specific will for him in ministry. We will be going on a family mission trip to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma this summer. We are very excited about what we will learn about ourselves and about God while there. For now, we look to God to guide us in our daily lives - to see others as Jesus would and to look for opportunities to minister to them.

I'd like to close this post by quoting some words of a song by Sidewalk Prophets. The words remind me of Dillan:

"If we were face to face, I'd tell just just what you mean to me. I'd tell you these simple truths... Be strong in the Lord and never give up hope. You're gonna do great things, I already know. God's got his hand on you, so don't live life in fear. Forgive and forget, but don't forget why you're here. Take your time and pray....these are the words I would say".....


Happy Birthday, Dillan....I love YOU!!!

You might also like Birthday Wishes From a Mother's Heart and Through the Years

Labels: